Activity Types allow you to classify your activities by work type.
On this list you see all your activity types. You can sort the items – click on the header. You can also search through the records – Search box is just above the header, on the right-hand side.
Name and Code – these values will be shown on reports and on your selections.
Cost Factor – this value will be used in recalculation of User’s hourly rate for your Supplier Billing / reporting and analytical purposes. Default value is 1 – this value does not alter your cost calculation
Fee Factor – this value will be used in recalculation of User’s hourly Hire Fee for your Client Invoicing / reporting. Default value is 1 – this value does not alter your fee calculation. In case of Reimbursements, Fixed Rate or Set Charge – this is the actual amount used. Label will update on your change of base to inform on the designation of this value.
Activity Base – this selection is helpful in connecting your Timesheet to Payroll, and grouping your timesheets and other interactions between yourself, your Client and Employee / Contractor in high-level reviews of efficiency. Options to select are:
- Unpaid leave – absence that is not paid. Used as space filler / note to self
- Paid leave – Annual Leave and other leaves that are payable to Employee. It is multiplied by Fee Factor
- Internal work – admin / preparation – not chargeable
- Employee hourly rate – chargeable to Clients, based on User’s hourly Hire Fee multiplied by Fee Factor
- Fixed hourly rate – rate as set on Activity Type – Fee Factor – regardless of Employee’s hourly rate, multiplied by time spent
- Set charge – this charge will be recorded regardless of time recorded on the activity.